THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reflection

It seems so soon to be writing a final reflection for this course.
Pedro, thank you so very much for teaching this capstone. This is by far the best class I have ever taken. And I have over 240 credits, or something along those lines. So, thank you, you were a fantastic professor, I would love to take other classes from you, and will recommend your courses to others I know.

I came to this class very much eager and anxious to get underneath what goes on at the cooperative. I wanted to learn about it, because it always felt good being there, and it made me curious, and I received more from the class than I ever thought I would.

I'm very grateful for my group members, who all worked hard independently and together to create a project that we all cared about, and hoped would benefit People's. Each member really put forth so much effort out of their personal lives and from other courses to dedicate to this project. I believe it's because they felt an appreciation for the farmers that we visited and what they are doing directly for our community, environment, People's; and indirectly, for us.

This class is just one more stamp on my path of "what am I doing to do?", and it has brought me many things that I will take with me and continue to use my entire life. I could even go as far as to say, because of the opportunities in this class, I may have found some new outlets and entire new life goals. Around New Years I made the choice to move to a sustainable community in April of 2o08. I'm sticking to that plan for now, but I have learned a lot about community living, farming, and sustainability just from the personal testimonies of the farmers we visited. I communicate with these farmers now in efforts to learn more, and make choices that will create a stronger and more educated woman to place in to a completely sustainable life role. I'll be honest, I felt like a tough girl that had it all nailed down when we started the class, and it didn't take long to realize what a rookie I was! It will be a long, difficult, and incredibly fascinating journey, and I leave myself without too many expectations, because I have also learned from these farmers, and these workers that the lifestyle they support is not upheld by the government, wherein many struggle through their whole life to make a living by growing safe food for people and an environment they care about.

I think I will keep my blog alive, just for those wandering thoughts that may come about while I'm on the computer, with that my reflections will continue, and I can learn from my changes in attitude, growth, and naivety. Thank you again, take care... I'll leave with my favorite Irish Blessing.

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and the rains fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand."

0 comments: