THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

A FEW GOOD WOMEN

The last few days have been exceptional. Every day is, but these last few were so foreign to me, as the last week has been entirely. The experiences I've been sharing here on this land, and on the surround earth have bloomed a piece of me that has been submersed till now. Yesterday started with a low dose of energy. There were a new batch of people here from the concert, who had stayed overnight and wanted to help on Myshkin's house. We had a new dog introduced to the pack of three, and many small fights emerged from his presence. He's a sweet dog, but violent by nature, and each dog had their own quarrel with him. Things calmed down by the second day, and we learned to keep an eye on things. The cob house is coming up so quick, it's really amazing to see the progress daily.

Every meal has been shared with a new community of people, food from the garden, and spirits from local sources. Pappy and I drove Margie home to grants pass last night, and I stopped to sit outside a coffee shop where there were a sleu of teenagers playing music and showing off their arm band tattoos to one another. I felt completly out of place, but absolutely comfortable and entertained at the same time.

Tina and I went to Ashland today to deliver the newspapers to the post office (Barb and Tina run a local/inernational women's ecological radical newspaper). We had lunch and brews at a local eatery, and walked around town and did some second hand shopping. I found, or I should say, it found me.... an old pendleton wool riding hat... It's perfect fit, perfect color, and I know I'll have it forever. We then took the long road back to the valley...

such a magnificent drive. Through Jacksonville, the Applegate Valley, and along the Rogue River. The skies were cloudy and smokey from the California fires, but it put a soft dampness in the air that was suprisingly calming. We drove through the big marijuana growing town of Williams, and in to Graci ... a small stop for the rafters of the Rogue River.

We took the one lane road back to the land, but not before we stopped in below the suspension bridge and dipped in to the river. the sun was just going down, and the bats were dancing aroung us and in the river, it was a moment I will remember for a very long time. I wont' try to describe it, but I felt as if I was invited there personally by the river and the surrounding mountains.... the bats and I together were celebrating and thanking mother earth for it's bounty of elements, and it's strength in the struggle to survive our bearance on her body.

We came home to a fresh cooked dinner by Myshkin and Brenin... Put on the kings of convenience, smoked some num nums.... and laughed and shared until just about half an hour ago, when Mags and I hit the hay.

LIFE IS GOOD.
LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WERE TOO BUSY MAKING PLANS.
LIFE....
LIFE..
IS NOW.
AND NOW.
AND I'M GLAD YOU ARE HERE.

REMEMBER THE ABRAHAMS.
VIRGINIA.

0 comments: