THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

IKEA

These are just some thoughts, not necessarily towards any assignment, but I figured, as long as I'm blogging, I may as well.... well, blog I guess. So, I find myself walking downtown Portland this last weekend. I was on my way to campus to go to a barbeque with all the folks from StreetRoots, and a large uhaul sized truck drives by. The truck has clear plastic walls and a set up living room display with a giant sign that says "IKEA...OPENING"... or something like that. Okay, so I know that there are plenty of other things wasting energy for non-specific or condusive reasons that I could focus my frustration on, but I'm choosing this one, because it seems slightly more ridiculous than some others. Honestly, the damn truck just drives around Portland, and who knows where else as a moving advertisement with an image of what "your living room" could look like. What a complete waste of gas, I had already planned on not ever stepping foot in to IKEA, but now... I'm going to tell all my friends and family that I will disown them if they decide to.

0 comments: