THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life is what happes when to you while you're too busy making other plans

I caved.
I totally caved.... I had half a serving of Nyquil last night to make me sleep. And I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm. I barely made it to the bed, and I'm pretty sure I lost 5 pounds during the night from the amount of drool I woke up in... it wasn't a very holistic approach to sleep deprevation, but it worked, so there's the rub.
I snuck away to a great little spot tonight to do some drawing and brainstorming for my sister and brother-in-law's new non profit organization. I'm so proud of them for taking time out of their busy lives to start an NPO--one with very honorable values, and a wonderful mission.
My nephew called me today to tell me he was going to his first session at karate class. I don't care who you are, but when a 5 year old calls you to tell you all about his new karate class, and then says ever so calmly, "Well I'm gonna let you go Auntie Virg, I love you so much, and I miss you".... you can't help but melt in to little pieces. He's such a little man, he's growing up so fast... his little league uniform fits him like a potato sack on a celery stick--it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I am so in love.
And my niece... Awe, don't even get me started.
My cousin is due in about 5 months, I'm so excited for her little one as well. You gotta love the kids for choosing our family to be brought in to, we're nuts, we're all over the place, but we know how to camp, and we're always there for eachother. What would families be if you didn't have good stories to pass on to the next Generation?

Which brings me to here. Here I am. here i am. here...
I believe in the power of attraction. If you're not familiar with it, it's not attraction as in, "if I look hot, people will come talk to me".... not that kind.
The power of attraction... Whatever you desire or want in life... You are in control of willing it to yourself. It truly is all in your thoughts and your outward energy and actions. If you haven't read or watched "The Secret", give it a shot sometime, it's available on netflix, or at your local bookstore.

So my life is exactly where I want it, and right where I put it. And next up, we have these paths that are in front of me, (cue the high-school graduation music)....
But seriously, I decided I wanted another transition, I wanted to take one of those county roads that you pass on those long raod trips... and see what's down there. Or when you are going for a walk, and you wonder... "what would happen if I knocked on the door of that house?", or "if I continue to walk, for as long as I could, would that change the entire course of my life?" The whole butterfly effect, I love it... It's so exciting, and fantastic. And the key is to not worry about whether your choices will take away other choices that you have now. Or if a choice will close other doors that seem to be available now. Because you can't worry about those other things. Life is now, even if you make a "wrong" choice, it's still not a wrong choice, it's a choice, and you are in control of the outcome of everything.

Oh boy, that was turning in to a tangent. My inner dialog was grabbing randomly in to thin air at a query of thoughts.
I'll try and stay on track.

I realized today... As I was tearing apart my Mom's garden, the sun was starting to set, I was covered in dirt, I was barefoot and had the standard whitetrash farming attire on (cut off pink tshirt and basketball shorts from the 8th grade), it was hideous, humurous, and comfortable all at once... I was tearing out weeds like a crazed woman on her fourth frappacino when I looked over and saw Maggie, my best friend, laying in the last sun spot on the edge of the garden. She was right next to the hoe, rake, and my giant mug of water... And she was so happy... just a dog in her element, taking it all in. squinting her eyes as the sun went down, and half of her black coat was covered in dried up weeds and soil.
I realized then, that after my whole day of working and trying to figure out my next move, trying to pick the best road, I realized that this is life, right now, right then, was exactly where I wanted to be, and what I'd asked for.

This is something that I know, and that I"m lucky enough to realize on an every day basis. I love life because of this, because I am grateful for everything I have right now at this moment, and it's very easy to make me smile. And I'll be a monkeys uncle if that 45 pound black lab basset hound slut is going to make me happy just by her easy dog ways... But sometimes I forget, and sometimes my mind gets on the train tracks and starts circling... But it's good to be reminded.

MY LESSON FOR TODAY.... IF YOU GO OUTSIDE MORE OFTEN, YOU GET REMINDED OF HOW BEAUTIFUL LIFE IS, HOW YOU CAN SHARE IN THE GLORY OF THE EARTH... IT WANTS YOU TO ROLL AROUND IN IT, AND TO LOVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE WHAT IT GIVES YOU.

0 comments: